Tuesday 17 June 2014

What are Malicious Software- For Those Who Don’t Know Already

Come on!

Everyone knows about them, how can you don’t?

OK, maybe you got confused because the name is broken into two halves. Combine them and you get the most used word of the cyber dictionary: malware.

Well, I have some definition of my own when people ask me about the malicious software (aka Malware) as well, if you care to know.

Malware- As I would have said

·         Creepy programs that can make you a victim of insomnia (because all the data that sits inside your system is unreachable)

·         Spy codes with the peculiar ability to track what you do online (which you can’t even share even with yourself sometime, and you fear that it could be leaked and spoil your reputation)

·         Sometimes act as bots with the mind of their own collecting data here and there and making changes in the files without you’re my knowledge (as if they can’t find anything better to do or any one smarter to bug!)
·          Non-living micro codes that couldn’t find a decent name (that suit non-living codes only) for themselves like Spyware, Trojan, etc any better than the sickness-spreading (and sickening), malicious Virus (God save the virtual world!)

·         Time-bombs that can disengage your system (virtually of course) at the time their mastermind (hacker) decides (I don’t think that my unseen publication are anything valuable for people like them, but these are still dear to me; this is the idea people like these exploit)

·         Creepier than the real worms, such malware can focus on leaving no-way-out for you, as they pour out their hate on removing everything that you might deem important (thank God, I was never a victim of this one particularly, and neither of the one that can make you a victim of Identity theft)

Well, my list of my hate can go a long way, if you are really eager to read out loud (in your mind!), but (you can let me know if you really are that keen to know them!) I would prefer to stop here so that I can tell you about something that can keep you away from them if not completely.

I was always a person with the curious streak, of which I paid the price by getting my system infected by the malware. I was all about- click, click, and click! I just loved the way it sounded, and yes it backfired. I contacted one of my tech-geek buddies, and he recommended OptimoAV, and some suggestion to keep my curious streak on check when it comes to clicking just any link and downloading just any website. It was like walking in a maze, with even eye tied with the blindfold.


Scary! I know. My only suggestion- don’t get trapped like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment